Thursday, July 3, 2014

Alumni Update - Rebecca Dallas, MSW/MPH, LMSW

Dallas (Dec '13).
Congratulations to Rebecca Dallas (Dec '13), who in June became a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) through the Association of Social Work Boards!  Social workers in Georgia must receive approval from the Georgia Composite Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists to sit for the ASWB licensure exam.

Per ASWB, "the purpose of licensing and certification in social work is to assist the public through identification of standards for the safe professional practice of social work." To sit for the exam in Georgia, individuals must have graduated with a master's degree in social work from a graduate school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), and present two references who are familiar with their social work experience.

After graduation, Ms. Dallas took a position as Child and Family Therapist at Pathways Transition Programs, Inc.   Of the position, Ms. Dallas notes, "I love my job - its not what I imagined myself doing as my first job after graduation, but I really love it.  I work a lot with children and adolescents, and as one of the newest employees, I am working with amazing and talented people and have learned so much already!"

About her MSW/MPH degree, Ms. Dallas says "I would not trade my dual degree for anything.  I incorporate all of my public health knowledge into my social work practice.  I have a great understanding from both fields of the immense risks to vulnerable populations, both for their physical and mental health.  I look forward to where my dual degree will take me in the future."

Congratulations on these awesome achievements, Becca!

Visit Ms. Dallas' LinkedIn profile.



No comments:

Post a Comment